Do you ever get the ‘eyes glazed over, get me out of here’ look when explaining to friends and relatives why they should at least examine the possibility of adding smart home automation capabilities to their phones?
For me personally, that has been the case for a while; however, recently I have noticed there appears to be a growing awareness of the fact that smartphones are capable of controlling their home security, lighting, entertainment, and of course heating systems.
So to embellish and foster this growing awareness trend amongst the general population; I decided to put together a list of my five top personal advantages to installing a Smart House Automation system.
Here they are…
Table of Contents
1. SMARTHOME AUTOMATION SYSTEMS IMPROVE SAFETY LEVELS
There are a handful of safety benefits to installing home automation systems; namely:
- Instant notification once a thief steps on to your property – Most smart house automation systems support alarm capabilities. Thus if you’re on holiday or leave for a weekend, your smart home control system remains alert and protects your home around the clock.
- If on the off-chance something happens such as a thief breaks in or perhaps a Fire starts than your neighbors, friends or family learn about this immediately via SMS text message, telephone, or email notifications.
- View live video and store evidence on the cloud! – smart home automation systems enable you to store network camera images on a secure server, which can be used as evidence for the police – if necessary.
- Trigger lights when the smoke alarm is triggered – smart home automation systems also enable you to automatically turn every light ON around the house when smoke is detected. Pretty important! Impossible with the traditional dumb smoke alarms installed in countless homes around the globe – a vital safety feature!
- Activating lights when you approach your home – You will be surprised just how much safer you’ll feel when arriving home to a properly lit property. Key fob remotes and plenty of smartphone apps are available to facilitate this safety feature.
- Water flooding and freezing problems – Certainly here in rainy Ireland, we come across lots of flooding and on occasion sub-zero temperatures! Interfacing a flood sensor together with your smart house automation controller will also enable notifications to your smartphone of flooding events as they begin to occur.
2. SAVE ENERGY, STOP STANDBY CONSUMPTION
An intelligent Home Automation system helps you reduce costs and even save the planet!
If you’re at all like me and becoming forgetful in my old age 🙂 than use an intelligent Automation system to automatically switch off equipment and lights which are turned on and drawing power. I am exhausted from asking/telling my kids to turn OFF lights around the house!
3. INTELLIGENT SMART HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEMS ARE ENJOYABLE TO USE!
Whether it be handling the home lighting system from an iPhone or managing your home’s entertainment system, home automation is surprisingly enjoyable.
4. THEY ARE SIMPLE TO USE!
Once installed a smart home control system offers you the capability to easily control all security, heating, lighting, and entertainment via a tablet, SmartPhone, or PC.
5. SMART BUILDING AUTOMATION SYSTEMS ARE CONVENIENT
Listed below are some real-world examples of how convenient this stuff is:
- I’m not promoting sitting on the couch for hours on end 🙂 however, some people use their control and smart house automation system to perform simple scenes such as sending multiple commands to their TVs whilst simultaneously dimming the lights in the room.
- When going to sleep, wouldn’t it be useful to tap an ‘All Lights OFF’ button on your smartphone or tablet?
- Consider setting up a scene every morning to ‘encourage’ your kids to get out of bed at a reasonable time by automatically switching ON the lights at a low dim level inside their rooms, combined with a modest amount of background music!
So that’s my condensed rant on Smart House Automation benefits!
Have you come across any other benefits that would help my argument to convince people to install this stuff?