Do you want to learn in 6 easy steps on how to control your Home Lighting, Thermostats, IP Cameras, Music, and Security Alarm systems on your Smartphone or Tablet device, but don’t know where to start?
You are in luck!
Thousands and possibly millions of people around the world are interested in controlling their homes with a Smartphone or tablet device over the Internet, but don’t know where to start?
Using easy-to-understand language this ebook walks you through the process of setting up your own next-generation Smart Home Automation system (HA 2.0).
This ebook is intended to be read by the following people:
- Homeowners interested in controlling their lighting, alarm, heating and entertainment systems on their smartphones or tablets while out and about or at home.
- Homebuilders are interested in identifying specific home automation ideas that will differentiate their offerings and improve overall property sales.
- This eBook is a useful tool for electrical contractors and alarm installers who are unsure about how to start offering HA 2.0 installation services to their customers.
Anyone else curious about how to set up a HA 2.0 system at a reasonable cost!
The chapters emphasized in the book are;
Table of Contents
- 1 CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION TO HOME AUTOMATION 2.0
- 2 CHAPTER 2: CHOOSING A HA 2.0 TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM
- 3 CHAPTER 3: STEP 1: USE HA 2.0 TO ENHANCE FAMILY SAFETY & SECURITY LEVELS
- 4 CHAPTER 4: STEP 2: ADD LIGHTING CONTROL TO YOUR HA 2.0 SYSTEM
- 5 CHAPTER 5: STEP 3: ADD HEATING & SMART ENERGY CONTROL TO YOUR HA 2.0 SYSTEM
- 6 CHAPTER 6: STEP 4: ADD MULTI-ROOM MUSIC 2.0 TO YOUR HA 2.0 SYSTEM
- 7 CHAPTER 7: STEP 5: ADD WHOLE HOUSE HDTV DISTRIBUTION TO YOUR HA 2.0 SYSTEM
- 8 CHAPTER 8: STEP 6: ADD A HOME CINEMA TO YOUR SMART HOME 2.0 SYSTEM
CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION TO HOME AUTOMATION 2.0
This chapter defines HA 2.0 and lists some reasons why you should at least consider installing automation elements of a system, and provides an overview of the various home controller types.
The chapter concludes with a categorization of Smart HA 2.0 functionalities, namely essential and nice to have.
CHAPTER 2: CHOOSING A HA 2.0 TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM
Here I focus on the four most popular technology platforms used by HA 2.0 systems, namely structured wiring, Z-Wave, Insteon, and Zigbee.
CHAPTER 3: STEP 1: USE HA 2.0 TO ENHANCE FAMILY SAFETY & SECURITY LEVELS
In this chapter, I address readers who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of HA 2.0 alarm systems.
In addition to covering the integration of alarm and fire detection systems with your smartphone App, this chapter also deals with adding IP camera, water, and freeze alert capabilities to your HA 2.0 system.
CHAPTER 4: STEP 2: ADD LIGHTING CONTROL TO YOUR HA 2.0 SYSTEM
This section of the ebook describes the various benefits of automating your lights at home.
Furthermore, the chapter outlines the steps required to install wired and wireless HA 2.0 lighting control systems.
CHAPTER 5: STEP 3: ADD HEATING & SMART ENERGY CONTROL TO YOUR HA 2.0 SYSTEM
HA 2.0 systems help you save money by reducing your energy consumption.
In this chapter, I explain how to use energy-saving devices such as smart thermostats to reduce your monthly electricity bill.
This chapter also explains how to use your HA 2.0 system to track where and when electricity is used around the house.
CHAPTER 6: STEP 4: ADD MULTI-ROOM MUSIC 2.0 TO YOUR HA 2.0 SYSTEM
This sixth chapter addresses readers who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of next-generation Multi-room Music (MRM) 2.0 systems – both wired and wireless versions!
The connection of outdoor weatherproof speakers to your Smart Home 2.0 system is also covered towards the end of this chapter.
CHAPTER 7: STEP 5: ADD WHOLE HOUSE HDTV DISTRIBUTION TO YOUR HA 2.0 SYSTEM
I explain how to build a multi-zone HDTV distribution system around your house using Cat5e, wireless, or Powerline technologies.
CHAPTER 8: STEP 6: ADD A HOME CINEMA TO YOUR SMART HOME 2.0 SYSTEM
This final chapter describes how to set up an area in your home to support a home cinema.
In addition to explaining each of the elements required to build your home cinema system, this chapter also describes how to plan and install a Wi-Fi to IR system – such an addition allows you to use a smartphone or tablet to control your home cinema devices in addition to your HA 2.0 system.
Each chapter also includes technical illustrations, real-life examples of how our own family is setting up and configuring their own next-generation Smart Home Automation 2.0 system, and quick side notes from Gerard.
Version 1 of the book is out now and available at Amazon.