Hiya, Gerard here, just spent this Saturday evening posting the Internet’s most detailed set of articles about smart speakers and associated virtual assistants, that’s a pretty big achievement on this windy evening here in Ireland 🙂
This guide (ten blog posts in total) is intended to be read by the following people:
- Homeowners interested in using voice instructions to control their smart lighting, alarm, safety, heating, and entertainment systems.
- People who are undecided on the type of smart speaker to buy.
- Anyone else curious about how to set up smart speakers and home virtual assistants at a reasonable cost!
This online guide aims to answer several questions that you may have about smart speakers and virtual assistants such as:
- What is an AI-powered smart home?
- How do smart speakers operate and work?
- What are the most popular AI systems used in people’s homes?
- What are smart home virtual assistants and their associated form factors?
- What’s inside a smart speaker?
- How to use a smart speaker to control your home?
- What type of smart speaker and AI system should you buy?
- What are the issues of privacy and security related to installing smart speakers?
- What is the future for smart speakers and AI-powered smart home virtual assistants?
Feel free to dip in and out of different posts, but I suggest reading the full guide from beginning to end to get a good sense of how to add Artificial Intelligence to your smart home. Here are the posts in the correct order:
- About AI-Powered Smart Home Voice Recognition Systems
- Popular Smart Home Artificial Intelligence Systems
- What is a Smart Home Assitant?
- Different Smart Home Assistant Form Factors
- Exploring Smart Speaker Components
- Smart Speakers And Controlling Your Smart Home
- Amazon Alexa Vs Google Home – What Type of Smart Speaker Should You Purchase
- Smart Home Assistants & Your Privacy
- Smart Speaker Drawbacks and Here Comes The Future
- Echo Show, HomePod, Facebook Portal Smart Speakers and More
So enjoy the content, it’s worth checking out if you are in the market for some smart speakers and I will update every so often, I promise 🙂