So for those of us in the smart home, home automation, digital home space for close on a couple of decades, Google is considered to be a new comer to the market.
And I think the company is genuinely interested in this space and is backing their headlines with some serious cash.
As most of us know; the Google smart home initiative is spearheaded by Nest, which is a holding brand for a bunch of its own products and an emerging platform for other smart home end-point products.
Anyway, I’ve decided to write a book about this emerging smart home platform!
And I want to use this post to keep regular readers updated on how the writing and production of the book are progressing.
So first up is the title and sub-title:
Title: Nest Smart Home Automation System Handbook
Sub-Title: Discover How to Build Your Own Smart Home Using The Nest Ecosystem.
The plan is to break down the book into five different sections.
- The first section will describe Smart Homes 2.0, provide an overview of the Nest smart home ecosystem, and explains the key benefits of the Nest smart home automation environment.
- The next section covers the Nest smart thermostat. An explanation of smart thermostats, the benefits of Nest and a step-by-step breakdown on how to install Nest, setting up schedules, and monitoring energy usage are provided to readers in this section of the book.
- The third section of the book introduces a second Nest product, namely the Nest Protect fire and carbon monoxide detector.
- The fourth section of the book explains the IP cameras and provides an overview of the Dropcam by Nest product.
- Finally, the last section gives insight into the ‘Works with Nest’ program.
Here is a sneak preview of how the cover will look!
So that’s the plan; check back often for updates on how things are going.